OHM ANNOUNCES DEBUT OF NEW LIGHTWEIGHT ELECTRIC BIKES WITH SHIMANO STEPS
Vancouver, BC – OHM Electric Bikes, a Canadian pioneer in the electric bike industry, today revealed their next generation of completely redesigned electric bicycles at the BC Bike Show in Vancouver, BC.
With over 15 years of development experience, OHM knows what it takes to produce great electric bikes. These new models extend this knowledge and embrace the promise of what is to come in the e-biking industry.
Why Shimano STePS?
OHM’s new e-bike models are built around the intuitive Shimano STePS mid drive motor system. This high-end system boasts a fully integrated higher capacity battery and integrated lightweight motor, rewarding riders with better handling and a much longer range. An even sleeker, more compact e-bike design incorporates the latest technology and a higher level of connectivity. Above all, the newest OHM Electric Bikes promise an all-new experience in an exhilarating, yet effortless, ride.
“The OHM 2020 models are our most innovative designs yet,” notes Michael DeVisser, President and CEO of OHM Cycles. “We’re thrilled to be announcing this new lineup of e-bikes. Not only are we producing our ‘next generation’ of e-bikes, but also we’re building the next generation of riders.”
The OHM 2020 models - Cruise, Quest and Discover - are designed to appeal to the full range of cyclists from the rookie to the expert. The Cruise’s easy-to-use design makes the experience for new riders simpler than ever, while the Quest bikes deliver a more thrilling ride for seasoned commuters.
The OHM Legacy Series
Three models represent the Legacy Series for 2020. These e-bikes deliver exceptional performance with electrifying acceleration and agile handling. The extensive list of included superior components and accessories also introduces a full suite of smartphone apps for a more connected experience.
Built for versatility, OHM Legacy Series electric bikes are the perfect combination of power, performance and technology.
- Ultra light weight - 48 lb (21.7 kg)
- Low-step, Commuter or Trekking frame designs
- Smartphone integration - Easily turns your smartphone into a cycling display and visualizes real-time riding data.
- Customization - Update your bicycle's settings when connected to a PC, tablet, or smartphone. Personalize your support settings by choosing Dynamic, Explorer or Custom Mode to perfectly match your riding style and intended terrain.
- Amazing hill climbing - The instant torque provided by Shimano STePS electric powertrain can produce 100 percent of its rated torque the instant rider begins pedaling.
- Pedal-and-go ease of use - Fully customizable, nearly silent support that’s smooth and easy to operate.
- Handling and control - The frame is designed to deliver agile handling for confident control on urban streets and a thrilling ride on curving backroads. The Shimano STePS powertrain offers low center of gravity and helps the bicycle handle well at all speeds and make it easier to balance when stopped.
- Integrated Racktime™ carrier and mudguards – Joined to the frame to carry heavier loads and add 20% more lateral stability.
Cruise, Quest and Discover are now available for order at https://ohmcycles.com/
For more information on OHM’s all-new electric bikes, as well as news about upcoming bike models, visit ohmcycles.com or OHM on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
About OHM Cycles
OHM Cycles Canada Ltd. is a premium electric bike manufacturer based in Vancouver, Canada. We design, produce and sell commuter and trekking electric bikes emphasizing innovative design, superior quality and the ability to customize. Established in 2005, OHM has grown into an internationally-respected brand that is helping revolutionize the e-bike industry.
OHM Electric Bikes